Monday, June 15, 2009

Iran and Election Fraud

If you aren't following the Iranian thing, you should be. Twitter has been a good asset for the opposition.

It seems that Iranian officials did indeed offer up a sham of an election. If they didn't, arresting the opposition didn't make their side look all that much brighter. Attempting to quell the information about the whole ordeal by cutting electricity to major cities doesn't bode well either.

For what it's worth, I think Ahmadinejad has lost his mind in all this. Hard to tell when that happened, though. His answers to "the tough questions" always seemed vague and non-answers to me. "Can you ensure the safety of your challenger?" "I love all the Iranian peoples and if they disobey the law when coming out of a sporting event at a stadium, they will be arrested, but I love them all even though I have to arrest them." (Now, I know I paraphrased the Amanpour interview, but the hopeychangy answer is just too "wtf?" to fully portray it.)

If you don't want to sign up for teh Twitter, you can go here and just keep refreshing the page. You can also follow: Change_for_Iran, StopAhmadi, iran09, TehranBureau, alirezasha, and jimsciuttoABC.

Some of the best pictures coming out of the protests, so far, here. #17 and #19 are wrong!

Update: Moe Lane reminds me who sang the song running in my head for the last 2 days:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The following comments are made by individuals who are not my spokespersons, mostly.