Monday, October 19, 2009

Take That Element Guy!

I was walking my dog this morning, when a man driving an Element stops me to inform me that my beagle could be his beagle's twin and that I was fighting an impossible fight I would never win by even thinking I could ever attempt to train her. My Bug's reaction to that was to sit calmly. She then walked by my side (not pulling on the leash) home and then wait patiently until I got her treat. Truly, an insurmountably untrainable dog! *eyes rolling*

She may give us problems now and again, such as pooping on the carpet because we dared leave her alone to go check the mail, or gnawing her way out of her crate rendering it unusable, but overall, she is the best dog ever! She doesn't chew on our stuff, unless we're stupid enough to buy things that look like small woodland creatures or things she doesn't want to be put in. She doesn't go in the house (except for the occasional mail incident). She cuddles with me when I'm sad or hurting. She calmly puts her toy beaver (version 2.1) in your lap when she wants your attention. And, other than the chocolate-colored sheet, and that one cheesecake (which clearly was irresistible), she hasn't gotten into serious trouble. She is my Bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The following comments are made by individuals who are not my spokespersons, mostly.